Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gearing up for a Wedding


So today starts my cake preparation for the Wedding Cake due Saturday. I'm trying to perfect the juggling of jobs and family :) I think I've learned a little from the Duggars and Jon & Kate...Plan, Plan, Plan. So I've written out my plan and can't wait to get started. The cake I'm doing for Saturday is a plain vanilla cake with white buttercream icing and fondant ribbons around the edge of each tier. I'm hoping the beaded fondant border will add a touch of elegance to the simple look which I love so much. Just those few touches of embellishment are just right. The fun part is the table decorations which I'm excited to do as well.

The wedding is white and deep purple, which I have purchased some decorative ribbon that is deep purple to trim the vases with. I am also including some heart accessories on the ribbon to hang in the front of the vase. I'm hoping to do the floating or submerged flower look in the vases so they can be placed around the cake along with some floating tea lights on the top in the other vases to give the soft lighting to enhance the look of the cake. I can't wait...Pictures coming soon of the trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment